Monday, April 29, 2013

Bridal Shower Thank-You Note Wording Examples

Photo by William Arthur Fine Stationery
Sometimes it can be difficult to even know where to begin writing a bridal shower thank-you note, let alone write one that is personal and memorable. I've found that the four steps outlined here are a no-fail formula for bridal shower thank-you notes your guests will appreciate. Here are some bridal shower thank-you note wording examples based on these four steps.

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Guest Attended

Dear Aunt Susie,

Thank you so much for coming to my bridal shower and helping me celebrate my upcoming wedding. I absolutely love the toaster you gave me. Aaron and I both love eating toast with our breakfast, so I know it will be used often! I've always appreciated your love and support of our relationship. Please send my best to Uncle Pat, and I hope to see you at the wedding!

Love,
Ann

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Guest Did Not Attend

Dear Louise,


I was sorry to hear you couldn't make it to the shower - we missed you there! But I wanted to let you know how grateful I am for the bridal shower gift you sent in the mail. The blanket you picked out is perfect for our living room! In fact, we already have it out on our couch, ready for the next movie night. Thank you again for your generosity. I hope all is well in Alabama, and if it's possible, we would love to see you at the wedding!

Blessings,
Ann

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Many Pieces

Dear Francine,

Thank you so much for sharing in my bridal shower. It meant a lot to have you there! I am incredibly grateful for the many thoughtful additions to our home you included in your gift. I'm especially excited to use the new cake pans as I have recently developed a love for baking! Thank you so much for your generosity. I hope we can soon visit you in New York and that we will see you at the wedding!

All the best,
Ann

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift of Money

Dear Beth,


Thank you so much for coming to my bridal shower. It was great to see you and your sweet little daughter! I am so grateful for the gift of money you gave us. We will put it to good use as we begin furnishing our new home. We are sincerely appreciative of your generosity. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from graduate school! We're looking forward to seeing you at the wedding.

With love,
Ann

Let me know if there are other types of samples you'd like to see and I'd be happy to try writing one for you!

20 comments:

  1. What about a thank you that does not mention what is the gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catarina! Do you have a reason for not mentioning what the gift is? Naming the gift is, in my opinion, one of the staples of an effective thank-you note. It confirms for your guest that you got what they gave you and sets you up to explain how it will be useful to you.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I need to mention it and some gifts where mixed up and I don't know who gave them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would start by thanking the person for attending the shower or wedding and then use wording such as: "Thank you so much for the generous and thoughtful gift. It means a lot to have your support as we start our new life together!" Hope this helps. Best wishes to you!

      Delete
  3. What about a friend who attends a shower and doesn't bring a gift? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! :) In that case, I would say something like: "Thank you so much for taking the time to celebrate with me at my bridal shower. Your support as we prepare for marriage means a lot to xxx and me! (Something personal, like, "I hope graduate school is going well for you" or "Please send my love to Uncle Henry.") Can't wait to see you at the wedding!"

      Delete
  4. What about a friend of the groom's family that did not attend the shower but sent a gift? (The bride has never met this person).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would respond with something like: "It was so thoughtful of you to send a gift as xxx and I prepare for our wedding. It means a lot to know I am joining a family that has such supportive friends. Thank you for the..." Does that seem appropriate?

      Delete
  5. If 5 adults in the same family (mother and 4 daughters/daughters-in-law) gave you a joint gift, is it necessary to send a separate thank you note to each of them? They live at different addresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's necessary to write a thank-you note for each of them separately if they live at separate addresses. I know it's more work, but they will each appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. What about if the guest attended, but listed their gift from them plus their family or husband who did not attend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, I'd thank the whole family for the gift and then say you were glad the attending person was able to celebrate with you at the shower :)

      Delete
  7. I sent out 57 shower invites and only 11 Ladies showed up do i need to write a note to the ones that didn`t show up a thank you note

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! I was wondering if you could help me.
    How would you write a thank you to a large group of people? Example: I work at an elementary school. All of 2nd grade & 3rd grade helped with planning my work bridal shower & signed the card "2nd grade" & "3rd grade."
    Also, I got a gift from the school as a whole- how would you write that one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also if a female guest attended the gift and she is married and their husband, uncle was not at the shower, but you just dont want to insult anyone, most of the gift were quite g rated, so thoughts on this issue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing information about gift ideas.

    Mother's Day Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. What if you ended up returning/exchanging the item for something else?

    ReplyDelete