Monday, April 4, 2011

How Hormones Help and Hinder Romantic Relationships

"You must be ovulating." -my husband

It's rare that a husband would be able to identify where a woman is in her menstrual cycle (unless he is blaming PMS for a recent outburst or notices tampons on the grocery bill). But thanks to what I've learned about my menstrual cycle, and then promptly shared with my husband, he understands me infinitely better by knowing what hormones are raging through my body at any given moment.

In fact, I've come to find out that many of my chronic psychological and physical ailments can be traced back to the delicate balance of hormones in my body which, if tipped in one direction or the other, can drastically impact how I function in my daily life. Figuring this out actually helped me to diagnose myself with estrogen dominance, which was causing everything from constipation to decreased sex drive to anxiety and depression, and, most importantly, irregular ovulation patterns that were affecting my ability to get pregnant. I began to treat with natural progesterone oil from Young Living Essential Oils, and BAM!—my mood stabilized, my cycle regulated, and I just felt... well... better.

My latest article, How Hormones Help and Hinder Romantic Relationships, explores the effects that the dance of the hormones in a woman's body can have on her love life.

Have you noticed that hormones have influenced your love life?

1 comment: