Saturday, February 12, 2011

Five Things Your New Husband Should Know About You

As a newlywed, my husband and I surely have a pretty good understanding of one another. He could tell you the foods I go nuts for, the place I'd love to go on our next vacation, and the fact that I really hate shopping. But sometimes, I feel like we keep from going as deeply under one another's surfaces as we should. Spouses are meant to be kindred spirits - "one flesh" - who know the other as well as themselves, but often we settle for knowing facts, habits, and routines. Encourage your new husband to learn the following five aspects of your life (by whatever creative means you can pique his interest), and you might just bring your relationship to a whole new level.

1. Your love language
Each person has a "love language," according to author Gary Chapman. The five love languages - physical touch, quality time, acts of service, words of affirmation, and receiving gifts - dictate how a person desires to be shown love. My husband and I learned about each other's love languages during our pre-marriage retreat, and that information helps us understand each other's actions and desires. Your husband should take the time to learn what your love language is and to "speak" that language when showing you his love.

Continue reading >>>

What else do you suggest new husbands learn about their wives?

No comments:

Post a Comment